I’m excited to announce that “SharePoint Joel” and I will be co-presenting a webinar on Thursday, October 4th at 12pm ET (you can register here). As most of you know, Joel Oleson is one of the world’s top SharePoint experts, and is highly regarded for his dedication to the SharePoint community and his #1 SharePoint IT blog, www.sharepointjoel.com.
At the webinar, Joel and I will be speaking about SharePoint security, including best practices to enable secure information sharing, enhance risk awareness, and apply SharePoint policies. Through our discussion of real-life security and data governance scenarios, you’ll discover how to:
- Protect sensitive content without spending your whole day managing ACLs and groups
- Share information securely between departments, with business partners, and with end customers – without having to create separate document libraries
- Instantly deny access to SharePoint content when a user’s status changes, such as employee resignations or terminations
- Make users more accountable for safe security practices when they download sensitive content
- Enforce fine-grained security policies without impacting SharePoint performance
The webinar is called “Take Control of SharePoint Security – Best Practices to Prevent Information Exposure”. It will include an open Q&A session, where you can ask us any questions about your own SharePoint security challenges. I’m sure it will be a great session, with lots of discussion about SharePoint data governance and compliance, and technical topics such as metadata, permissions, and claims-based authorization.
Register today to discover how to implement an effective data security strategy for your Microsoft SharePoint deployment.
TITUS Senior Product Manager